jueves, 6 de enero de 2011

Arrival

So, my mom keeps reminding me that if I continue on with my dream of being an interpreter, I will be able to continue travelling for many years to come. I am trying to eat this up, but, to be honest, the title of this blog could have also been the last hurrah. I am returning to school in a matter or mere months, and so I need to backpack it up like the half adult that I am.
I arrived in Buenos Aires today, in order to hit up Patagonia before it turns into a frozen wasteland, opting instead to see it with the rest of the travelling world, more specifically, every nationality besides american, BADAM BING! Anyone?
Its quite hot, but more noticable are the locals. They don't look mexican. Yes, I know its terribly racist to say this, but I don't have experience with anyone more south than mexico, and I was not expecting europeans and asians and the like. I like it. This means I fit in. And for the most part, I do ok, struggling through with my meager spanish, but what the hell is with the brazilian shu or ju? Its weird. Callao isnt "Cayao", its "Cabjwasdfa*&$%o". I'm outta my league. Where is Vista Del Sol when I need it? Well, were off tonight to get some beef and wine, then lying motionless in bed for ten or so hours, not so much sleeping as doing my best to become one with a really uncomfortable pillow and bed (ahhh hostels, how I've missed you so.)

2 comentarios:

  1. Umm, Mr. Mercer would be ashamed of you. There are NOT six continents out there, missy. Meaning, that you are on your SIXTH, not LAST continent of the world. And yes, before you ask, I will tackle the last one with you. Because that's what sisters do! Love your guts!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. OH MY GOD, MERCER. I was trying to think of her name forEVER the other day. And, I know, but who the hell even counts antarctica. I mean really.

    ResponderEliminar