jueves, 3 de marzo de 2011

Highest city in the world-GASP.

So, Chelsea and I have left the three temporarily for Potosi, the highest city in the world at 4,070 meters. Highest airport, highest golf course, you name it, the city likes her superlatives. Chelsea and I wheeze with each step, and marvel at the locals who run up the steep streets. Its famous for the Cerro Rico silver mine that helped finance Spain´s most prosperous years. It therefore has a darkness that is said to be palpable...for most of the year. This, however, is not most of the year. This is pre-Carnaval, and the haggard workers have crawled from the mine and are ready to party. Today, Chelsea and I were splashed with water and sprayed with silly string, so we are now taking shelter in an internet cafe over looking a parade of children and a marching band dancing down the street, covered with confetti and sporting masks and wigs. We leave tommorow for Oruro where the festivites are expected to increase ten fold. I´ve got my eye on a red wig with devil horns.

2 comentarios:

  1. I'm beginning to wonder about your propensity for climbing to high locales- as well as your habit of beating up your body. You'll be covered with scars by the time you're 40!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Aww, I'm a proud BS right now. Can't wait to see you rocking that wig! I know you got it in you. Miss you MUCHO - Besos!

    ResponderEliminar